SharksWithLasers -- Seth Cooper

A CUTTING-EDGE BLOG FOR THE WORLD OF THE 21st CENTURY, Currently operated by Seth L. Cooper, a 27 year-old attorney in Seattle (sethlcooper at comcast dot net)

Friday, July 01, 2005

STEPPING DOWN: JUSTICE SANDRA DAY O'CONNOR. The first woman to serve on the U.S Supreme Court is retiring. I wish the Justice well in her retirement.

And now, a big showdown that we've all been anticipating will happen. This will be interesting...

UPDATE (8:45am). I just watched President Bush's short speech at the White House, thanking Justice O'Connor for her service. For her successor, he asked for a fair process, a fair hearing and a fair vote. Sounds fair. No nominee was named.

(North Seattle--Green Lake, WA)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger James J. Na said…

    So, what's your pick for the next Supreme, Seth?

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger (Doxxiegirl) said…

    George Bush is like a fine wine, he seems to get better with Age. I was really impressed with his last two current speeches. He seems to get better and better with every year that passes.

    I have no doubt that he will nominate someone that is Conservative with just a hint of liberalism.....however, I wish that he would nominate a very very conservative person...we need a little clean up done on the Bench...I am still curious to see whether or not he nominates another female.....but being the misogynist that I am...I am hoping for a conservative male.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home