SharksWithLasers -- Seth Cooper

A CUTTING-EDGE BLOG FOR THE WORLD OF THE 21st CENTURY, Currently operated by Seth L. Cooper, a 27 year-old attorney in Seattle (sethlcooper at comcast dot net)

Sunday, July 24, 2005

CINCY IS NICE FOR BASEBALL, BUT IT DOESN'T MATCH SEATTLE. Today I had the opportunity to see Cincinnati's Great American Ballpark. It was certainly an improvement over the old Riverfront Stadium. For one, the new park actually allows for a nice view of the river. Of course, the stadium still doesn't compare to Safeco Field in Seattle--or ot PacBell in San Francisco, for that matter. Safeco is simply the result of better construction. And increased cost. But humidity is never a problem in Seattle the way it is elsewhere. It was only tolerable to be in the shade today in Cincinnati.

In any event, it was a bit of a letdown after going to see my first National League baseball game in years, only to have Ken Griffey, Jr. NOT in the line-up for the Cincinnati Reds. On top of that, the only game that fit into my schedule was a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers--a team I had seen several times before their switch out of the American League. In any event, Cincy won it 3-2, with a walk-off home run by Adam Dunn. Austin Kearns also homered for the Reds. The name of MIlwaukee's pitcher eludes me at the moment, but he pitched well, and it was a shame that his reliever blew his game.

(Blue Ash, OH)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger (Doxxiegirl) said…

    Brewers V. Reds? Hmm..sounds like kind of a boring game....

    You want to see a great ball field...go to Dallas/Ft. Worth and check out the Rangers stadium...man...I loved it!!!! Even the Astros had a nice stadium, but I am not a big fan of Houston...to congested...

    Texas Rangers are my team! I love em...cowboys in baseball suits..what more can a girl ask for ( :

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Coop said…

    I have heard many good things about The Ballpark, in Texas. One day I hope to see a game there. As for cowboys in baseball suits, I'll leave that to you...

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger (Doxxiegirl) said…

    hahahah! Good to know...I certainly do not want any more competition than I have to have.

    But, I am so biased, I just love Texas and the people down there...so nice...all the "yes ma'am's and sirs"..tipping of the hats...I dig it.

    Personally, I think it would do the guys from Washington..(not all..but every last one I have gone on a date with...) some good to go down to Texas and take some manners lessons from those cowboys...When I get to a door and man doesnt hold it open for me...it really makes me peeved...that ends the date for me right there...call me old fashioned..but hey...just the way I am.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home