SharksWithLasers -- Seth Cooper

A CUTTING-EDGE BLOG FOR THE WORLD OF THE 21st CENTURY, Currently operated by Seth L. Cooper, a 27 year-old attorney in Seattle (sethlcooper at comcast dot net)

Sunday, January 23, 2005

SOME THOUGHTS CONCERNING ROOM FOR CREAM WITH COFFEE. I write this post at the Green Lake Starbuck’s, enjoying a tall decaf. Granted, I tend to prefer Seattle’s Best, if I have to go with the big name stuff, but sometimes you have to take what life gives you. In any event, I always make a point of always saying NO to the baristas when they ask me if they should leave room in my coffee for cream and sugar. Just why should someone answer otherwise? All that means is that they give you LESS coffee for your money. Now, it is true that I tend to drink my coffee BLACK, but even on those occasions when I want to put something in it, I simply take a few sips of my filled-to-the-rim cup of coffee AND THEN put in coffee and cream. Perhaps this post will teach someone a valuable lesson. They usually don’t teach you these kinds of things when you’re in school.

(North Seattle--Green Lake, WA)

3 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They usually don’t teach you these kinds of things when you’re in school.They also don't bother to teach you not to assume that everyone is a complete idiot.

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Another option is to ask for a tall coffee in a grande cup. That way, you only pay for a tall, but have enough room for milk.

    Suggested by a coffee shop employee, so I assume it's totally legitimate, and not just cheap.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Mike said…

    Wow! A resonable sounding person in Seattle. Rare. Glad to find you. I'm a fellow Greenlake Starbucks patron ordering,"A grande drip in a vente cup.". Just a little bit more tip that way too.
    Peace

     

Post a Comment

<< Home