SharksWithLasers -- Seth Cooper

A CUTTING-EDGE BLOG FOR THE WORLD OF THE 21st CENTURY, Currently operated by Seth L. Cooper, a 27 year-old attorney in Seattle (sethlcooper at comcast dot net)

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES' UPON US. The playoffs are all set to begin, with the New York Yankees battling the Boston Red Sox and with the St. Louis Cardinals playing the Houston Astros. Personally, I was rooting for the Minnesota Twins to take the AL Pennant in a match-up with the Anaheim Angels. Since the two NL teams I was favoring in the Division Series emerged victorious, I can at least now pull for the NL Champion to take on whomever wins the Yankees/Red Sox series. My expectation is that the Yankees will win, but the fact of the matter is that I am such a hardcore Seattle Mariners fan that it makes no difference to me which of those two teams wins.

I will now go on record in saying that I want St. Louis to take it all in the World Series. It was actually my hope to see Minnesota play St. Louis in a re-match of the 1987 World Series. Granted, none of those same players are still around, but I remember that as being a fun series to watch. To be sure, my aunt from St. Louis will be pleased to hear that I'm rooting for her team. I managed to see Albert Pujols BLAST a home run against the Dodgers from a TV at the weightroom on Sunday evening. I expect to see plenty more of that in the NLCS and I eagerly look forward to some good ballgames.

(Downtown Seattle, WA)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home