SharksWithLasers -- Seth Cooper

A CUTTING-EDGE BLOG FOR THE WORLD OF THE 21st CENTURY, Currently operated by Seth L. Cooper, a 27 year-old attorney in Seattle (sethlcooper at comcast dot net)

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

FAREWELL TO JUDGE CHARLES FRENCH--GENTLEMAN AND A GENTLEMEN'S JUDGE. The Snohomish County Herald covers the funeral service for the late Judge Charlie French of the Snohomish County Superior Court. It wheld outside the County Courthouse in Everett. I was unable to attend, but my parents were present for the ceremony.

Judge French was very well-liked and highly respected. He truly was a gentleman. I never had the chance to try a case or come before him as a young attorney, but I will forever be grateful to Judge French for administering the oath to me at my swearing-in for the Washington State Bar Association. It took place on a snowy evening in January, at a wonderful, private ceremony with friends and family present. My father introduced me to Judge French, who then followed with some very kind words of his own. I was honored to have Judge French swear me in. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with his family.

(Downtown Seattle, WA)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home