SharksWithLasers -- Seth Cooper

A CUTTING-EDGE BLOG FOR THE WORLD OF THE 21st CENTURY, Currently operated by Seth L. Cooper, a 27 year-old attorney in Seattle (sethlcooper at comcast dot net)

Monday, June 21, 2004

COOP SPORTS BRAG ITEM #4 - I OWN GRIFFEY HOMER NUMBER 231! While congrats are certainly in order to Ken Griffey Jr. for his 500th career home run, the REAL story (for the purposes of this blog) is that I have at home the baseball with which Griffey hit one of those 500 homers.

On the day after Labor Day, back in Nineteen-Hundred and Ninety-Six, Griffey homered in the old Kingdome. He blasted a shot to right-field off of a Tom "Flash" Gordon curveball. If I'm not mistaken, the Mariners won that game against the Boston Red Sox.

It was all a very odd feeling, getting that ball in the stands, as it suddenly felt as if I had--for an instant--become the center of the whole crowd's attention. At the very least, I came to the attention of the big screen, as I attended the Mariner game the following evening, only to see myself on the highlight real for the previous day's game.

(Downtown Seattle, WA)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home