SharksWithLasers -- Seth Cooper

A CUTTING-EDGE BLOG FOR THE WORLD OF THE 21st CENTURY, Currently operated by Seth L. Cooper, a 27 year-old attorney in Seattle (sethlcooper at comcast dot net)

Monday, May 24, 2004

CALI TRIP. A weekend of partying and celebrating prevented me from posting this past weekend. Alas, in neither of my two trips to California in these past two months have I been able to blog anything.

Regardless, the highlight remained my good friend's graduation from Loyola Marymount School of Law in Los Angeles. The ceremony was held yesterday afternoon at the beautiful Loyola Marymount University campus. Unsurprisingly, we all fried ourselves in the sun. All these months in Pacific Northwest rid me of anything even resembling a tan, and so I baked quite well. My face still hurts.

The ceremony featured a nice keynote address by Senior JUdge William M. Byrne, Jr., of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.

More important was the fact that I was able to be there to see a good, long-time friend receive his juris doctor, with his other friands and his family present. It was a wonderful moment and it was an honor to be in attendance.

(Everett, WA)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home