SharksWithLasers -- Seth Cooper

A CUTTING-EDGE BLOG FOR THE WORLD OF THE 21st CENTURY, Currently operated by Seth L. Cooper, a 27 year-old attorney in Seattle (sethlcooper at comcast dot net)

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

OPENING DAY DEFEAT! The Seattle Mariners began the 2004 season in a less-than-satisfying way, losing to the Angels 10-5. D'oh!

I was at the office during today's day game and since my employer has not seen fit to place a television set in my office, I attempted to access the game's radio broadcast over the internet. But alas, Major League Baseball charges $15 or so a year for the audio streams for live baseball games.

Now, anyone who knows me knows that I'm a HUGE baseball fan and love going to see professional baseball games. But even I have my limits as to how much I'm going to shell out for the benefit of multi-millionaires. No thanks, I'll save my lousy $15, get periodic updates of the opening game through the computer, and bring a radio into the office tomorrow so that I'll have it for the rest of the season!

I'm no fan of class envy, but doesn't it just seem a little bit silly that they'd charge for that when it used to be generally available on the net?

(Everett, WA)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home