SharksWithLasers -- Seth Cooper

A CUTTING-EDGE BLOG FOR THE WORLD OF THE 21st CENTURY, Currently operated by Seth L. Cooper, a 27 year-old attorney in Seattle (sethlcooper at comcast dot net)

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

WITH FRIENDS LIKE THESE... The New York Sun has an article about the wild popularity of Sen. John Kerry...in France! Apparently, the French can't stop talking about him and how--in true French style--they despise our President.

Now, if I were on Sen. Kerry's campaign I wouldn't be playing up an endorsement of the French folk as reason for the AMERICAN people to support him. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if some folks on the left start to trumpet the views of the French as a sufficient reason to vote for Sen. Kerry. This would be well in line with the leftist complaint that the rest of the world hates America or thinks America is crazy or that America is a power-hungry imperialist enslaver--and that we need to do what the rest of the world says! And fast!

Needless to say, I think this is the completely wrong approach. Does anyone honestly think the French are looking out for anyone but themselves? As for me, I am probably more comfortable with my candidate receiving the NON-endorsement of the French. Mercy buckets!

(North Seattle, WA)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home