SharksWithLasers -- Seth Cooper

A CUTTING-EDGE BLOG FOR THE WORLD OF THE 21st CENTURY, Currently operated by Seth L. Cooper, a 27 year-old attorney in Seattle (sethlcooper at comcast dot net)

Sunday, March 14, 2004

COOP NERDLY ADMISSION ITEM #3 -- I WAS A JR. HIGH TERMINATOR! The other week I was hanging out at my parents' house, listening to my dad complain about being subjected to another episode of "7th Heaven" as my mom dutifully tuned in. I spared him the agony by inviting him to watch a tough guy flick with me--Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. I've since gone through some of the DVD's special features and also watched the special edition of Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

All of this brought back a flood of memories from my days at Evergreen Middle School. T2 had come out and was wildly popular. Riding the wave, I began wearing a leather jacket and sunglasses to school. Being a tall and built kid, who was known for being quiet and serious, the other kids made the connection instantly--I was the terminator! So, I would go about my business at school each day, as a junior highschool Terminator. I often used the slow head turns for effect. True, I did occasionally do my best Arnold-like impression of lines from the film, but that was purely as a joke. Fortunately, middle school kids are knuckleheads, so even though they thought it was all rather funny, they also thought it was awesome that I was like that! In fact, as a high school freshman I was asked out to a dance by a girl I went to middle school with, and she told me just how COOL it was that I used to go around acting like the Terminator!

(North Seattle, WA)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home